The thermoplastic road marking material is specially formulated to maintain its structure to improve water drainage. As a result, the marking allows light from car headlamps to be reflected to the driver in wet night conditions. The thermoplastic material consists of a mixture of aggregates, fillers, glass beads, pigment and a special binder system.
Immediately following application of the line, a surface application of solid glass beads to IS EN 1423 or equivalent shall be applied at a typical rate of 800 g/m2 by a set of bead applicators attached to the extrusion machine.
Lines are tack free within 3 minutes at an ambient air temperature of 15°C.
- There are two application methods for Rainsafe material; extrusion by machine, or manually applied screed. After the line is applied to the road it is embossed to produce the regular, repeating Rainsafe pattern.
The application process should be continuously monitored to ensure that all the operating parameters are kept optimised at all times. The nominal thickness of the marking should be 3mm prior to embossment to produce an embossed line between 4 and 5 mm. The marking is completed by a pressurised surface application of solid glass beads.
Where existing markings are being overlaid with this product, the minimum surface preparation of mechanical scabbling is required to promote good adhesion between the two materials.
As edge. lane lines or centre line markings on single carriageway roads. As lane lines on Dual Carriageway / Motorways.
- Longer retention of initial retro-reflectivity
- Enhanced wet night visibility
- Low profile presents no hazard to motorcycles
- Good Skid Resistance
- Low maintenance costs – single application of sprayed thermoplastic material immediately restores the Luminance & Retroreflective properties of the product.
- Selection of imprinted patterns are available.
Compliance with IS EN 1436 & IS EN 1871.
|Retroreflectivity – wet
|RW4 75 mcd
|RW3 – 50 mcd
|Retroreflectivity – dry
|R4 200 mcd
|R3 – 150 mcd
|S3 – 55 SRT min.
|S3 – 55 SRT min.
|Luminance on Road
|B3 – 0.40 min.
|B2 – 0.30 min.