The 3M 290 road stud is used to provide edge of carriageway delineation on all major roads where a bright durable roadside delineation product is required. The 3M 290 is also available with a metal base to form a 301/290 embedded stud.
- No traffic over run noise
- High Wet & Dry retro-reflectivity values
- Body of stud allows day-time visibility
- High daily outputs thereby minimising traffic disruptions
- Low profile – 16mm above the road surface
- Low cost alternative to embedded studs
- Tyre action wrapping around the stud facilitates self-cleaning
- Reflective lens coated with an abrasion resistant material
- Tough polycarbonate lens
- Bonded to the road surface with Polymer Modified bitumen
Dispense sufficient polymer modified stud adhesive at the recommended temperature onto the road surface. Place the 3M 290 onto the stud adhesive. Do not apply any pressure to the road stud.
The road can be opened to traffic as soon as the adhesive has set.
Surface Mounted Permanent P3A PRP1 Road Stud using a Microprismatic lens.
IS EN 1463-1:2009 IS EN 1463-2:2000
The following is a set of ratings and codes as published in the BSI Declaration of Test Results.
P3A, H1, HD1, PRP1, NCR1, S1, R1
|Certification Codes||Performance Class||Class Description|
|Style of Studs||P||Permanent|
|Reflector Type||3||Plastic with Abrasion Resistant Layer|
|Type of Stud||A||Non-depressible Embedded Road Stud|
|Dimension – height||H1||≤ 18mm Above Road Surface|
|Dimension – horizontal||HD1||Length – 101mm, Width – 89mm|
|Reflective Performance as New – min 150 mcd/ lux/m²||PRP1||>150 mcd/ lux/m²|
|Colour of Reflected Light||NCR1||Pass|
|Road Trial Performance|
|Retention on Trial-Pass rate 90%||S1||100 % Retention|
|Reflective Performance Pass Rate 150 mcd/lux/m²||R1||>150 mcd/ lux/m²|