The Light Dome MK8A road stud is designed for use on all major roads where a bright durable road/lane delineation product is required. Unlike other embedded road studs, the Light Dome MK8A road stud is suitable for use on bituminous and surface dressed road.
- Depressible and Self cleaning
- Large footprint reduces traffic stresses transferred to the road pavement
- Snow Ploughable
- A long life embedded road stud; proven performance for many years
- Will facilitate a single layer of surface dressing without any significant reduction in performance (provided tar masks are used)
- Rubber inserts are quick and easy to replace
- Stud castings can be fully cleaned and reconditioned for re-use
Using traditional vehicle mounted milling equipment with transverse and depth controls shape an appropriate slot in the carriageway.
Dispense sufficient stud grout adhesive at the recommended temperature for the stud to be placed evenly. Install the Light Dome MK8A road stud housing at the correct level into the carriageway. Carefully pour more adhesive material around the outside of the housing to seal the edges completely in the recess.
The road can be opened to traffic as soon as the adhesive has set.
Embedded Permanent P1B PRP1 Road Stud using a depressible lens
IS EN 1463-1:2009 IS EN 1463-2:2000
The following is a set of ratings and codes as published in the BSI Declaration of Test Results.
P1B, H2, HD1, PRP1, NCR1, S1, R1
|Certification Codes||Performance Class||Class Description|
|Style of Studs||P||Permanent|
|Type of Stud||B||Depressible Embedded Road Stud|
|Dimension – height||H2||≤ 20mm Above Road Surface|
|Dimension – horizontal||HD1||Length – 254mm, Width – 138mm|
|Reflective Performance as New – min 150 mcd/ lux/m²||PRP1||29.3 mcd/ lux/m²|
|Colour of Reflected Light||NCR1||Pass+|
|Road Trial Performance|
|Retention on Trial-Pass rate 90%||S1||100 % Retention|
|Reflective Performance Pass Rate 20 mcd/lux/m²||R1||>20 mcd/ lux/m²|